2 Cessana Grand Caravan 208B-EX have just arrived today 21 August 2014 at Noi Bai Airport, Hanoi, Vietnam. First Hai Au Aviation daily flights will be in service on the route Hanoi – Halong Bay in September 2014 and will help travelers to save time, it means 30 minutes flying instead of 4 hours driving. Other flights by seaplane in the Southern Vietnam expect to be launched out in December this year for scenic travel by air from Saigon to Phan Thiet and Nha Trang. Hereunder some general Vietnam Seaplane Tips.
Vietnam seaplane ports
- Hanoi : Noi Bai Domestic Airport -> See on the map !
- Halong Bay: Tuan Chau Marina -> See on the map !
- Saigon: Tan Son Nhat Domestic Airport -> See on the map !
- Phan Thiet – Mui Ne: Pandanus Resort (Dec – Apr) / Hon Rom Airport (May – Nov) -> See on the map !
- Nha Trang: An Vien Marina -> See on the map !
Child (CHD) from 2 to 12 years old: 75% adult public fare
Infant (INF) below 2 years old: 10% adult public fare
Join-in daily flight: 7 kg per passenger
- Up to 9 passengers: 10 kg per passenger
- 10 passengers: 7 kg per passenger
Cargo is not allowed
Delay and Cancellation Risk
Since Cessna Grand Caravan 208B-EX is a small craft, its flight depends strongly on the weather condition.
Flights from Hanoi to Halong are sometimes delayed or cancelled due to fog in Halong Bay. Risks happen quite often during January – March. Hereunder some important remarks and backup proposals when seaplane is delayed or cancelled at last minutes:
- It is better to book both seaplane ticket and Halong overnight cruise package with Vietnam Seaplane Tours because if there is any trouble caused due to bad weather, we will find out the most efficient solution and arrange easier with suppliers.
- In case of flight delay or cancellation by supplier, we will arrange the tour by car and refund the flight ticket.
- The tour package is the combination of seaplane and cruise in Halong Bay. When the flight is cancelled and you don’t travel to Halong by car, you will get the flight refund but not the cruise.
- Many people connect another flight from Noi Bai Airport to the next destination after coming back by seaplane from Halong Bay. If your case, please accept the risk when the seaplane comes later than planned and there is not enough time to check in the next flight.
Passengers shall arrive at the designated place of departure at least 1(one) hour before the departure time. Carrier (seaplane) shall reserve the right for the flight to depart as per the flight schedule whether or not all the passengers are on board the flight.
Passengers are required to present themselves, valid ticket, original passport or ID or Birth Certificate for children under 12 years old for check-in formalities prior to the departure time.
Refusal and limitation of carriage
Carrier may refuse carriage of any passenger or passenger’s luggage, without any penalty, compensation or refunding of any paid amount to passenger, for reasons of safety and safety or if, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion it is determined that:
• Such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or orders of any governmental authorities; or
• The conduct, age or mental or physical state of the passenger is not proper to be carried on the flight under the following circumstances: to require special service but have no prior arrangement with Carrier; or due to the health status of passenger that Carrier found that the transport will cause harm to this passenger, to other people in the aircraft or endanger the flight; or to prevent the spread of disease; or to disobey regulations on aviation safety and security, operational transportation by air; or to disturb social order, endangers the operational safety or influences the life, health and property of other persons; or persons who get drunk or affected by pharmaceutical products and have lost their act control capacity; or for security reason; or at the request of competent Authorities; or
• Passengers have refused to submit to a security check for themselves or their luggage, or having submitted to such a check, passengers fail to provide satisfactory answers to security questions at check-in or at the boarding gate; or
• Passengers do not appear to have valid travel documents or refuse to surrender travel documents to the flight crew when so requested; or
• Passengers fail to observe Carrier’s instructions with respect to safety or security;
• Passengers fail to arrive for the check-in time as required in this Agreement; or
• Passenger voluntarily cancel the flight; or
• Otherwise as reasonably determined by Carrier or required by Carrier’s air transportation policies.
• Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations; or
• Fragile or perishable items (fresh and perishable foodstuff…), artwork, cameras, money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, computers, electronic devices, securities or other valuables, negotiable papers, contract, business documents, samples, passports and other identification documents, other valuable items. If, despite being prohibited, any items specified aforementioned are included in passenger’s luggage, Carrier shall not be responsible for any damages to such items; or
• Items which are reasonably considered by Carrier to be unsuitable for carriage because they are dangerous, unsafe or because of their weight, size, shape or character.
Cessna Grand Caravan 208B-EX Technical Information
Length: 12.67m (42ft)
Wingspan: 15.9m (52ft)
Height: 5m (16ft)
Cruise speed: 250km/h
Empty Weight: 2810kg (6180lb)
Max Loaded: 4114kg (9062lb)